I recently came across this in my inbox, and found it rather amusing. See what you think.
You know you’re an Aussie if …
- You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.
- You can translate “Dazza and Shazza played Acca Dacca on the way to Maccas.”
- You think “Woolloomooloo” is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.
- You’re secretly proud of our killer wildlife.
- You feel it’s quite OK to have a $1 coin that’s twice as big as a $2 coin.
- You understand that “Wagga Wagga” can be abbreviated to “Wagga”, but “Woy Woy” can’t be called “Woy.
- You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.
- You shake your head in horror when companies try to market what they call “Anzac Cookies”.
- You’ve drunk your tea/coffee/milo through a Tim Tam.
- You know that roo meat tastes good, but not as good as barra. Or a meat pie.
- Of course you have beetroot with your hamburger.
- You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, lezzo, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto, goodo, etc.
- You know about a place called “Woop Woop”.
But even some Aussies mightn’t have seen this: